Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer

International Health Certificates 

USDA certified veterinarian on staff.

Health certificates are required for horses traveling both domestically within the United States and internationally. We’re happy to assist you with your horse’s health certificate, but the associated paperwork can take several weeks to process. You will need to provide us with a Negative Coggins Test for us to move foward with the health certificate.

Different countries have different travel criteria, so we’ll need to determine exactly what you'll need and what requirements you’ll have to meet in order for your horse to travel. 

Start planning at least two months in advance for domestic travel and four months in advance for international travel. Please check requirements for both interstate and international travel at

Bear in mind that only USDA certified veterinarians are able to issue international health certificates.

When you schedule your appointment, please let us know where and when you’re planning to travel, so we can properly address your needs. 

Interested in additional information? Check out this USDA resource.

Call us at (812) 867-7330 or request an appointment online for your horse's health certificate.

USDA Certified Veterinarian

Stone Ridge Equine Care